image by me
Where we stayed: Katikies
It was beautiful, tucked into the mountainside in Oia, with white stucco and blue waters. The service left quite a bit to be desired , but the location was perfect and the accommodations were lovely, so we couldn’t really complain.
Where we ate: Mostly at little random hole in the walls that we walked past, but a couple specifics:
- 1800 was recommended to us by friends, as well as the hotel. They have a dining area on the roof where you can see the sunset. A bit more formal than I typically like on vacation but a fun experience
- We didn’t eat at Ambrosia but we heard great things about it from everyone we talked to. Make sure to make reservations in advance, we couldn’t get in!
What to do:
- Our hotel was in Oia, which is the town at the very tip of the island. Its fun to wander around the shops and take walks through the little town. Lots of people told us rent an ATV to explore the island but we didn’t end up doing that. You can walk down to Announdi Point which is a million stairs down, but a beautiful little spot down on the water. This is a great spot to view the sunset or grab a casual lunch.
- Thira is the other town, more of the main town. Its much bigger than Oia with a lot more going on. More shops, more restaurants, more of everything but similarly built into the side of the mountain overlooking the water.
- No matter where you stay, Santorini is a great place to relax at your hotel, lay in the sun and just hang out. You can take day trips to the black sand beaches too which we did for a day. There is definitely more to do on Santorini, but we chose this leg of our trip to relax.
I’ll be posting Milos tomorrow. Hope these little guides are helpful!